- Based at our head office in Antwerp, you will receive a thorough introduction to trade file handling towards Central America on an operational, documentary, and financial level.
- Once you are confident in file handling, you will start to concentrate on your commercial targets.
- You handle inquiries from customers for fertilizers, chemicals, and steel products, draw up offers in close communication with suppliers, and follow up on quotations till closing the deal.
- You supervise the filing process from a sales perspective, and you cooperate with your colleague file administrators in order to solve problems smoothly. A senior trader to whom you are reporting monitors your commercial support.
- You maintain close communication with suppliers, monitor product price, and share market information with your colleagues worldwide.
- Having gained product and market knowledge, you gradually evolve to the position of Junior Trader.
- You will become responsible for the further expansion of your markets.
- You set up new sales initiatives, develop new recurrent business, and stay alert for market opportunities through daily contact with customers and colleagues abroad and local visits during business trips.
- Traveling frequently and efficiently to visit key accounts and new customers in order to build and maintain strong relationships.
- Ideally, you already gained experience in a logistics or junior sales role, but young graduates eager to learn are also welcome.
- You followed an economic or business program with exposure to international trade and/or Supply Chain. In addition, you are proficient in Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of Incoterms, letter of credit, and trade or transportation documents are a strong asset.
- You are fluent in Spanish and English. Knowledge of French, Dutch, or any other language is a plus.
- You definitively have a commercial mindset with strong communicative abilities enabling you to establish long-term relationships with the customers.
- You are a result driven, organized, and accurate individual, flexible and with a talent for negotiations.
- You work proactively and are enthusiastic to succeed though being extremely accurate in your approach.
- You work independently, though not afraid to request help if necessary.
- You are a self-learner, gaining deeper interest in the products you deal in as part of completing your profile.
- You are result driven, organized, and flexible and with a talent for negotiations.
- You like working in a dynamic and transparent team where communication is key.
- You are living in the region of our headquarters in Antwerp or willing to relocate.
A multinational of Belgian origin
Manuchar is a leading distributor of chemicals across emerging markets and actively trades several other commodities.
Our end-to-end chemical distribution business serves various industries, including home care, personal care, food & feed, agriculture, mining, oil & gas, glass, textiles, paper, and water treatment. Our international trade activities cover steel, plastics, cement, wood, paper, spare parts and pharmaceuticals.
We operate in more than 35 emerging markets with our own local logistics assets and people providing storage, value-added logistics and just-in-time (JIT) deliveries in over 170 locations.
Our entrepreneurial spirit, operational excellence and unmatched reliability have grown Manuchar’s annual revenues to over 1.5 billion USD.
The ingredients of our success?
We know the products, markets, global & local logistical solutions and we have the necessary financing capabilities. But most of all… we have the people that make it work!
At Manuchar, we keep your production running. Anytime. Anywhere.
- a job full of variety with long-term perspectives in an international environment
- cooperation with motivated & skilled colleagues in an open company culture
- an attractive remuneration package including fringe benefits
- a nice workspace where you can fully develop your talents
If you want to take up the challenge and join an international fast growing team of dynamic colleagues, please send your application letter and detailed CV here via our online recruitment tool CVWarehouse.