- You will gradually become responsible for the commercial support to the trading team of Steel Africa (5 people currently). You will:
- handle enquiries, send price requests to the right steel mills
- draw up offers and follow-up quotations till closing the deal
- investigate freight levels, talk to brokers/ship owners
- track due invoices on customers
- apply for credit covers
- follow the EUR/USD exchange on a daily basis
- anticipate on workload when traders of your team are travelling abroad
- monitor recurrent business and assist the traders in the further strategic expansion of the market.
- The deals you close will be further handled by others, but you supervise the file process from a sales perspective and you cooperate with your colleague file administrators in order to solve problems smoothly.
- Within Manuchar, steel is mostly traded from China / Turkey /Ukraine / Russia to Africa, Caribbean, Latin-America, Middle East, Europe. Building your network within these areas is key. A broad network of people already exists within the company. All will be made available to you.
- You aspire a supporting sales function and your ambition is to set up a solid commercial back office.
- You are a communicative and organized individual with a talent for administration and problem-solving, even under time pressure. Colleagues appreciate your sense of initiative and teamwork. You definitively have a commercial mindset.
- You are fluent in Dutch, English and French. Knowledge of Spanish, Russian, Mandarin or Arab is a plus, but definitely not a must.
- You are willing to learn about steel products (reading online, taking a crash course 1-2 days on steel manufacturing)
A multinational of Belgian origin
Manuchar is a global trading, logistics and distribution company, with more than 25 years of experience and headquarters in Antwerp, Belgium.
We operate with our own people (+2000 FTE) and through our own local infrastructure in over 40 countries, mainly in emerging markets. Our trading activities cover Chemicals, Steel, Polymers, Pharmaceuticals, Wood, Spare Parts, Paper and Cement. Our distribution and also local value added logistics are mainly focused on Commodity and Specialty Chemicals.
Ingredients of our success? We know the products, markets, global & local logistical solutions and have the necessary financing capabilities.
But most of all … We have the people that make it work!
- a job full of variety with long-term perspectives in an international environment
- cooperation with motivated & skilled colleagues in an open company culture
- an attractive remuneration package including fringe benefits
- a pleasant workspace where you can fully develop your talents
If you want to take up the challenge and join an international fast growing team of dynamic colleagues, please send your application letter and detailed CV here via our online recruitment tool CVWarehouse.