Joining our Global Controlling & Performance Management team in Antwerp, you will take on a critical role in the controlling of our activities in Central America & the Caribs.
As an all-round enthusiastic Finance professional with a passion for international business & finance your main objectives are:
- Ensure that adequate internal control is applied in our affiliates worldwide with a focus on Central American & Caribbean Region
- Support the accounting processes in our affiliates within the region
- Supervise the timely and correct reporting of our affiliates. Make sure deadlines for the various reporting requirements are achieved.
- Ensure compliance with corporate policies across all locations. (Policies regarding fixed assets, inventory and inventory related accounts and standard costs)
- Support business management to structure and define key performance indicators for their business segments and provide structured and objective follow-up on the evolution of these KPI’s
- Follow-up and report on various risks (accounts receivable, taxes, stock control, etc.)
- Constantly review internal processes and procedures and proactively recommend improvements and assist in implementing them
- Coordinate the Audit Reviews with Regional Business owners
- Develop a close working relationship with your affiliates management to stay closely connected on evolutions and local reality
- Develop in depth understanding on local business models to support financial statement understanding and validation.
- Support annual budget cycle and monthly financial reporting & analysis on group level
- Manage ad-hoc projects within the above task scope as needed
- You have obtained a master’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- You have minimum 5 years of experience in audit and/or in a similar function within a multinational or consulting environment
- Very strong analytical skills and ability to reduce complex information to key conclusions are a given
- You possess a strong business acumen – ability to understand value drivers within a global trading and distribution company; insight in trading/logistics & distribution activities is a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to build effective working relationships at all levels
- You are stress resistant, punctual and focused on achieving deadlines
- You are rigorous and diplomatic, with an analytical and critical mindset
- You are ambitious and energetic with a positive can-do attitude
- You are fluent in Spanish and English; knowledge of French or Dutch is a plus but not a must
- You are willing to travel up to 25% of your time
- You have good Excel-skills; Power Pivot and BI is an advantage
- You live in the region of Antwerp or are planning to relocate
A multinational of Belgian origin
Manuchar is a global trading, logistics and distribution company, with more than 25 years of experience and headquarters in Antwerp, Belgium.
We operate with our own people (+2000 FTE) and through our own local infrastructure in over 40 countries, mainly in emerging markets. Our trading activities cover Chemicals, Steel, Polymers, Pharmaceuticals, Wood, Spare Parts, Paper and Cement. Our distribution and local value-added logistics are mainly focused on Commodity and Specialty Chemicals.
Ingredients of our success? We know the products, markets, global & local logistical solutions and have the necessary financing capabilities.
But most of all … We have the people that make it work!
- a job full of variety with long-term perspectives in an international environment
- cooperation with motivated & skilled colleagues in an open company culture
- an attractive remuneration package including fringe benefits
- a pleasant workspace where you can fully develop your talents
If you want to take up the challenge and join an international fast growing team of dynamic colleagues, please send your application letter and detailed CV here via our online recruitment tool CVWarehouse.