Looking for a challenging legal opportunity within an international corporate company? By joining our self-steering Legal team in our headquarters (Antwerp), you will take on a critical role in providing legal support to our global trading and distribution activities. Together with your team, you will support the further growth of Manuchar, by managing the legal and regulatory risks in the many countries where Manuchar is active.
Your key responsibilities include
- Providing functional support and advice to all the company’s business units with respect to any legal matter within an international business context (contracts, business projects, investments, distribution, supply/procurement, transport and logistics, real estate, corporate administration, financing,…) and relevant regulations (trade practices, competition, economic sanctions, …).
- Contract drafting and negotiation in relation to mainly corporate, commercial and finance contracts.
- Managing litigation files.
- Keeping abreast of relevant evolutions and developments and managing a network of local counsel in relation to all of the above.
- Developing and maintaining strong business partner relationships with stakeholders in the different business units and countries.
- Contributing to the development of best in class tools, processes and systems with respect to legal management.
- You report to the head of Legal & Compliance.
- You have obtained a Master Degree in Law from a first rate Belgian or European law school.
- You have around 5 years of experience within a legal department of an international company. Experience in a law firm is a plus.
- You are fluent in Spanish and you have a good knowledge of English and Dutch. Knowledge of French is definitely a plus but no must.
- You are familiar with, or have an interest in, corporate Law, M&A, commercial law and corporate governance. Knowledge of Maritime law is a plus.
- You are fluent in writing contracts in an international context.
- You are business oriented with a problem solving / pragmatic approach.
- You work meticulously, have a hands-on mentality and your (verbal and written) communication is very strong.
- You are a self-starter with team attitude.
What's in it for you
- A job full of variety with long-term perspectives in an international environment.
- Cooperation with motivated & skilled colleagues in an open, diverse and inclusive company culture.
- An attractive remuneration package including fringe benefits.
- A nice workspace where you can fully develop your talents.
- Great team of young, dynamic colleagues, who you can rely on.
If you want to take up the challenge and join an international fast growing team of dynamic colleagues, please send your application letter and detailed CV here via our online recruitment tool CVWarehouse.