- Based at our head office in Antwerp you will receive an thorough introduction in trade file handling towards Africa on operational, documentary and financial level (approximately 6 months).
- Gradually you will start to focus on trading and your commercial targets. You handle requests, draw up offers and follow-up quotations till closing the deal while developing excellent long-term client relationships. You supervise the order & supply chain process from a sales perspective and you cooperate with your colleagues from the backoffice in order to solve problems smoothly. A senior trader to whom you are reporting will support you in your commercial tasks.
- Having gained product and market knowledge, you will become responsible for the further strategic expansion of your markets. You set up new sales initiatives, develop new recurrent business and stay alert for market opportunities through daily contact with customers and colleagues abroad and local visits during business trips
- You have a bachelor or master’s degree (economics, supply chain, languages,…).
- A relevant commercial working experience in an international or logistic environment is a plus.
- You definitively have a commercial mindset with strong communicative abilities enabling you to establish long-term relationships with both customers and suppliers.
- You are a result driven, organized and accurate individual, flexible and with a talent for negotiations.
- Of course you are fluent in English and French. Knowledge of Dutch is a plus.
- As Junior Trader you are expected to visit your markets on a regular basis (20% of your time – trips of 2 weeks), in the beginning you will be accompanied by a senior trader, later you will travel independently.
- You like working in a dynamic and transparent team where communication is key.
- You are living in the region of our headquarters in Antwerp or willing to relocate.
A multinational of Belgian origin
Manuchar is a global trading, logistics and distribution company, with more than 25 years of experience and headquarters in Antwerp, Belgium.
We operate with our own people (+ 2000 FTE) and through our own local infrastructure in over 40 countries, mainly in emerging markets.
Our trading activities cover Chemicals, Steel, Special Steel, Polymers, Pharmaceuticals, Wood, Spare Parts, Paper and Cement. Our distribution and also local value added logistics are mainly focused on Commodity and Specialty Chemicals.
Ingredients of our success? We know the products, markets, global & local logistical solutions and have the necessary financing capabilities.
But most of all … We have the people that make it work!
- a job full of variety with long-term perspectives in an international environment
- cooperation with motivated & skilled colleagues in an open company culture
- an attractive remuneration package including fringe benefits
- a nice workspace where you can fully develop your talents
If you want to take up the challenge and join an international fast growing team of dynamic colleagues, please send your application letter and detailed CV here via our online recruitment tool CVWarehouse.