- Based at our head office in Antwerp you will receive an intense introduction in file administration towards Africa and the Middle East on operational, documentary and financial level.
- Once you are confident in file handling you will start to concentrate on your commercial targets. You handle requests, draw up offers and follow-up quotations till closing the deal. You supervise the file process from a sales perspective and you cooperate with your colleague file administrators in order to solve problems smoothly. A senior trader to whom you are reporting monitors your commercial support.
- Having gained product and market knowledge, you gradually evolve to the position of Junior Trader. You will become responsible for the further strategic expansion of your markets in Africa and the Middle East. You set up new sales initiatives, develop new recurrent business and stay alert for market opportunities through daily contact with customers and colleagues abroad and local visits during business trips.
- You definitively have a commercial mindset with strong communicative abilities enabling you to establish long-term relationships with the customers.
- You are a result driven, organized and accurate individual, flexible and with a talent for negotiations.
- Of course you are fluent in English, Hindi, Urdu and if possible you have some knowledge of the Arabic language. Knowledge of the Dutch language is a plus.
- You enjoyed an economic or logistic training (Commercial Engineer, Economic or Commercial Sciences, Sales Management, Forwarding & Logistics).
- As Junior Trader you are expected to visit your markets on a regular basis (20% of your time – trips of 2 to 3 weeks).
- You already have experience in working in an international environment, experience in Dubai is definitely a plus.
A multinational of Belgian origin
Manuchar is a global trading, logistics and distribution company, with more than 25 years of experience and headquarters in Antwerp, Belgium.
We operate with our own people (+2000 FTE) and through our own local infrastructure in over 40 countries, mainly in emerging markets. Our trading activities cover Chemicals, Steel, Polymers, Pharmaceuticals, Wood, Spare Parts, Paper and Cement. Our distribution and also local value added logistics are mainly focused on Commodity and Specialty Chemicals.
Ingredients of our success? We know the products, markets, global & local logistical solutions and have the necessary financing capabilities.
But most of all … We have the people that make it work!
- a job full of variety with long-term perspectives in an international environment
- cooperation with motivated & skilled colleagues in an open company culture
- an attractive remuneration package including fringe benefits
- a nice workspace where you can fully develop your talents
If you want to take up the challenge and join an international fast growing team of dynamic colleagues, please send your application letter and detailed CV via our online recruitment tool CVWarehouse.