You will join our Credit Management Department and you will be responsible for following tasks:
- Analyze the financial statements of current and potential clients to determine their financial stability in order to assess the credit risks.
- Determine acceptable credit risk levels for potential clients in close cooperation with our Commercial teams.
- Make structured credit applications towards our credit insurer and defend these with solid arguments.
- Come up with creative solutions to enable the business to grow while limiting risks, in cooperation with the Commercial teams and the Credit insurance institutions.
- Keep up to date with the macro-economic environment around the world to incorporate this information in your credit risk analyses.
- Communicate with clients in order to obtain financial information.
- Identify appropriate actions in case of payment delays or potential credit risks.
- Escalate expected payment issues within the organization when necessary.
- Serve as an intermediate between the commercial departments and the Credit Insurers.
- You have a very good knowledge of English. A good knowledge of Spanish or French is an asset.
- You obtained minimum a bachelor’s degree, by preference within economics.
- Having experience in a financial function (credit analysis or accounting in the context of a commodity trading environment or in the banking sector) is an asset.
- You are not a number cruncher but have a pragmatic and accommodating attitude.
- You can work independently and you are not afraid to take decisions, while accepting the accountability attached.
- You work extremely accurate and have eye for detail.
- As this position involves maintaining third-party relationships and conducting negotiations with third-party finance and legal personnel, as well as maintaining close contact with the internal trading and legal department, communication and negotiation skills are required.
- You feel comfortable in working with targets and tight deadlines.
- You have a very strong knowledge of Excel.
- You learn and work fast, you can think logically and you are proactive.
- You are flexible and collegial.
- A job full of variety with long-term perspectives in an international environment.
- Cooperation with motivated & skilled colleagues in an open, diverse and inclusive company culture.
- An attractive remuneration package including fringe benefits.
- A nice workspace where you can fully develop your talents.
- Great team of young, dynamic colleagues, who you can rely on.
A multinational of Belgian origin
Manuchar is a leading distributor of chemicals across emerging markets and actively trades several other commodities.
Our end-to-end chemical distribution business serves various industries, including home care, personal care, food & feed, agriculture, mining, oil & gas, glass, textiles, paper, and water treatment. Our international trade activities cover steel, plastics, cement, wood, paper, spare parts and pharmaceuticals.
We operate in more than 35 emerging markets with our own local logistics assets and people providing storage, value-added logistics and just-in-time (JIT) deliveries in over 170 locations.
Our entrepreneurial spirit, operational excellence and unmatched reliability have grown Manuchar’s annual revenues to over 1.5 billion USD.
The ingredients of our success?
We know the products, markets, global & local logistical solutions and we have the necessary financing capabilities. But most of all… we have the people that make it work!
At Manuchar, we keep your production running. Anytime. Anywhere.
If you want to take up the challenge and join an international fast growing team of dynamic colleagues, please send your application letter and detailed CV here via our online recruitment tool CVWarehouse.