You will join our Credit Management Department and you will be responsible for following tasks:
- Analyse the financial statements of current and potential clients to determine their financial stability in order to assess the credit risks.
- Determine acceptable credit risk levels for potential clients in close cooperation with our Commercial teams.
- Come up with creative solutions to enable the business to grow while limiting risks, in cooperation with the Commercial teams and the Credit insurance institutions.
- Communicate with clients in order to obtain financial information and negotiate payment plans if required.
- Identify appropriate actions in case of payment delays or potential credit risks.
- Ensure receivables are paid conform the payment terms granted and make sure juridical steps are taken to enforce payment in cooperation with our legal team, if needed.
- Draft workable and acceptable payment plans if needed together with the Commercial teams.
- Escalate expected payment issues within the organization when necessary.
- Serve as an intermediate between the commercial departments and the Credit Insurers.
- You have a fluent knowledge of English and French. A good knowledge of Spanish or Dutch is an asset.
- You obtained minimum a bachelor’s degree, by preference within economics.
- Experience is not required; similar experience in credit analysis or accounting in the context of a commodity trading environment or in the banking sector is a strong plus.
- You are not a number cruncher with a pragmatic and accommodating attitude.
- You can work independently after a training period and you are not afraid to take decisions, while accepting the accountability attached.
- You work extremely accurate and have eye for detail.
- As this position involves maintaining third-party relationships and conducting negotiations with third-party finance and legal personnel, as well as maintaining close contact with the internal trading and legal department, communication and negotiation skills are required.
- You feel comfortable in working with targets and tight deadlines.
- You have a very strong knowledge of Excel.
- You learn and work fast, you can think logically and you are proactive.
- You are flexible and collegial.
A multinational of Belgian origin
Manuchar is a global trading, logistics and distribution company, with more than 25 years of experience and headquarters in Antwerp, Belgium.
We operate with our own people (+2000 FTE) and through our own local infrastructure in over 40 countries, mainly in emerging markets.
Our trading activities cover Chemicals, Steel, Polymers, Pharmaceuticals, Wood, Spare Parts, Paper and Cement. Our distribution and also local value added logistics are mainly focused on Commodity and Specialty Chemicals.
Ingredients of our success? We know the products, markets, global & local logistical solutions and have the necessary financing capabilities.
But most of all … We have the people that make it work!
- a job full of variety with long-term perspectives in an international environment
- cooperation with motivated & skilled colleagues in an open company culture
- an attractive remuneration package including fringe benefits
- a nice workspace where you can fully develop your talents
If you want to take up the challenge and join an international fast growing team of dynamic colleagues, please send your application letter and detailed CV here via our online recruitment tool CVWarehouse.