You will join our Credit Management Department and you will be responsible for following tasks:
- Analyse the financial statements of current and potential clients to determine their financial stability in order to assess the credit risks.
- Determine acceptable credit risk levels for potential clients in close cooperation with our Commercial teams.
- Make structured credit applications towards our credit insurer and defend these with solid arguments
- Come up with creative solutions to enable the business to grow while limiting risks, in cooperation with the Commercial teams and the Credit insurance institutions.
- Communicate with clients in order to obtain financial information and negotiate payment plans if required.
- Identify appropriate actions in case of payment delays or potential credit risks.
- Ensure receivables are paid conform the payment terms granted and make sure juridical steps are taken to enforce payment in cooperation with our legal team, if needed.
- Draft workable and acceptable payment plans if needed together with the Commercial teams.
- Escalate expected payment issues within the organization when necessary.
- Serve as an intermediate between the commercial departments and the Credit Insurers.
- You obtained minimum a bachelor’s degree, by preference within economics.
- Having experience in a financial function (credit analysis or accounting in the context of a commodity trading environment or in the banking sector) is an asset.
- You are not a number cruncher but have a pragmatic and accommodating attitude.
- You can work independently and you are not afraid to take decisions, while accepting the accountability attached.
- You work extremely accurate and have eye for detail.
- As this position involves maintaining third-party relationships and conducting negotiations with third-party finance and legal personnel, as well as maintaining close contact with the internal trading and legal department, communication and negotiation skills are required.
- You feel comfortable in working with targets and tight deadlines.
- You have a very strong knowledge of Excel.
- You learn and work fast, you can think logically and you are proactive.
- You have a very good knowledge of English and French. A good knowledge of Spanish is an asset.
A multinational of Belgian origin
Manuchar is a global trading, logistics and distribution company, with more than 25 years of experience and headquarters in Antwerp, Belgium.
We operate with our own people (2.500 FTE) and through our own local infrastructure in over 40 countries, mainly in emerging markets.
Our trading activities cover Chemicals, Steel, Polymers, Pharmaceuticals, Wood, Spare Parts, Paper and Cement. Our distribution and also local value added logistics are mainly focused on organic commodity Chemicals for the production of powder detergents, for home and personal care applications and for the mining and oil & gas industry as well as fertilizers.
Ingredients of our success? We know the products, markets, global & local logistical solutions and the necessary financing capabilities.
But most of all … We have the people that make it work!
- a job full of variety with long-term perspectives in a very international environment
- cooperation with motivated & skilled colleagues in an open company culture
- an attractive remuneration package including fringe benefits
If you want to take up the challenge and join an international fast growing team of dynamic colleagues, please upload your application letter and detailed CV here via our online recruitment tool CVWarehouse.