In this job you play an important role in our international wood trading business, from purchasing wood from our suppliers to shipping it to our customers. Focus is on export of wood to emerging markets in Asia.
We are looking for an experienced coordinator to oversee the ongoing operations of the wood trading business. The coordinator is responsible for the efficiency of this business unit in order to secure its sustainable growth.
- You coordinate and supervise the admin team, in order for the file handling to be done in a correct and efficient manner. Where needed, you support in handling the more complex issues.
- You translate commercial agreements into administrative workflows and implement them in the daily work process, while seeking ways to optimize the efficiency, quality and control of the processes.
- You ensure that pre- and post-calculation of trading orders is timely done.
- You are responsible for optimizing the team composition in view of the business plan, profitability and workload in collaboration with the overall responsible for backoffice coordination.
- You act as a coach to your team and encourage development of talent and provide regular feedback on performance, achievements and improvement areas. You are also responsible for the training of new comers.
- Together with the commercial manager, you identify and evaluate new market opportunities (new sources, new customers, new products). You jointly set a commercial and operational action plan and annual budget.
- Together with the commercial manager, you monitor the financial results and review options to optimize these.
- You continuously review the outstanding receivables from customers and ensure that the necessary actions are taken.
- You also guide and intervene in commercial issues or disputes.
- You are contact point for new IT developments regarding file handling.
- You have a good dose of common and commercial sense and have a bachelor or master degree.
- You already gained experience in an administrative/logistics leading role. You have good knowledge of Incoterms, documentary credits, expedition terminology and logistic processes.
- You are fluent in English and Dutch and have good knowledge of French. You have a clear and constructive way of communicating with external parties and internal colleagues.
- You know how to inspire and coach people towards high results & work satisfaction. A natural team-player who prefers collaboration and joint progress over individual results.
- With your service-oriented, hands-on and proactive mindset you prevent problems to escalate. You know how to identify critical situations in time and propose and develop proper solutions to reach the given goals.
- Fluent with the use of IT applications: MS-Office, ERP and reporting & communication tools.
A multinational of Belgian origin
Manuchar is a global trading, logistics and distribution company, with more than 25 years of experience and headquarters in Antwerp, Belgium.
We operate with our own people (+2000 FTE) and through our own local infrastructure in over 40 countries, mainly in emerging markets.
Our trading activities cover Chemicals, Steel, Polymers, Pharmaceuticals, Wood, Spare Parts, Paper and Cement. Our distribution and also local value added logistics are mainly focused on Commodity and Specialty Chemicals.
Ingredients of our success? We know the products, markets, global & local logistical solutions and have the necessary financing capabilities.
But most of all … We have the people that make it work!
- a job full of variety with long-term perspectives in an international environment
- cooperation with motivated & skilled colleagues in an open company culture
- an attractive remuneration package including fringe benefits
- a nice workspace where you can fully develop your talents
If you want to take up the challenge and join an international fast growing team of dynamic colleagues, please send your application letter and detailed CV here via our online recruitment tool CVWarehouse.