Looking for a challenging compliance opportunity within an international corporate company? By joining our self-steering Legal & Compliance team in our headquarters (Antwerp), you will take on a critical role in providing compliance support to our global trading and distribution activities. In close collaboration with your team and other departments, you will support the further growth of Manuchar, by managing the regulatory risks in the many countries where Manuchar is active.
Your key responsibilities include
- Finetuning the compliance framework for the group to ensure a structured approach to compliance with clear roles and responsibilities.
- Together with the internal auditor, performing a risk assessment of the operations in order to identify the exposures that need to be addressed from a regulatory perspective.
- Together with the legal colleagues, drafting or updating existing policies on relevant regulatory topics.
- Managing a network including the local compliance responsible of each of our local operations in order to ensure both knowledge sharing and systematic reporting.
- Performing compliance testing on implementation of and compliance with policies.
- Ensuring that relevant and efficient compliance trainings are in place throughout the group.
- Reporting to the audit committee (i.e. subcommittee of the board of directors) on compliance topics.
- Keeping abreast of relevant compliance evolutions and developments.
- Developing and maintaining strong business partner relationships with stakeholders in the different business units and countries.
- Contributing to the development of best in class tools, processes and systems with respect to compliance management.
- You report to the head of Legal & Compliance.
- You have obtained a Master Degree in Law from a first rate law school.
- You have at least 7 years of experience within a legal or compliance department of an international company or law firm, including at least a couple of years of experience in a compliance role. Some knowledge of product regulations is a plus.
- You are fluent in English and you have a good knowledge of Dutch. Knowledge of Spanish is definitely a plus.
- You are fluent in writing policies and in other types of communication in an international context.
- You are business oriented with a problem solving / pragmatic approach and are able to ensure -and make clear- that compliance also adds value.
- You work meticulously, have a hands-on mentality and you quickly gain insights into new matters.
- You are empathic, have a team attitude and your (verbal and written) communication is very strong.
What's in it for you
- A job full of variety with long-term perspectives in an international environment.
- Cooperation with motivated & skilled colleagues in an open, diverse and inclusive company culture.
- An attractive remuneration package including fringe benefits.
- A nice workspace where you can fully develop your talents.
- Great team of young, dynamic colleagues, who you can rely on.
If you want to take up the challenge and join an international fast growing team of dynamic colleagues, please send your application letter and detailed CV here via our online recruitment tool CVWarehouse.