Are you ready for a challenging and rewarding role in an international company?
As an Assistant Regional Manager, you will become a key member of the management team, being the liaison between the HQ organization and our South American region.
Together with the Regional Manager:
- Define a strategic roadmap with a focus on managing, identifying and developing growth opportunities for the South American market.
- Understand and evaluate the chemical business within the South American markets, gather and analyze customer needs within the segment, and identify existing and potential opportunities.
- You understand and manage the supply chain to the countries and install the necessary contingency plans to make sure we can supply our customers at all times.
- You are responsible for driving a customer-oriented strategy that contains development of business, opening new markets and improving revenue by analyzing industry trends and performing competitive analysis.
- Internally challenge Manuchar’s business by posing critical questions and analyzing the current business, in order to deliver the best service for the best price.
- Guidance and direct co-operation with local, national, regional and global sales team.
- Establish, develop and improve internal and external stakeholder relations and negotiate contracts.
- Oversee daily operations, manage budgets, and set performance objectives. You strive towards efficiency and cost effectiveness.
- Ensure products and services comply with regulatory and quality standards.
Successful candidates for this role will ideally have:
- A master’s degree in Business Economics, Logistics Management, Commercial Engineer or International Trade.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in marketing or logistics at a logistics / trading / chemical distribution company. Having worked in an international setting.
- Strong oral and written presentation and communication skills in English and Spanish or Portuguese. Knowledge of Dutch or any other language is a plus.
- A genuine interest in people and their culture. You also have strong influencing and networking skills, but it is above all your flexibility and high EQ that put people on the same wavelength.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, being able to see links and synergies between different businesses. Have the ability for helicopter overview.
- Strong engagement, drive, influencing, inspirational and negotiation skills in order to achieve our common goals.
- Hands-on mentality and ability to detect and take opportunities.
- Eagerness to learn from the current Regional Managers and apply your acquired knowledge in the future.
- You live in the region of our headquarters in Antwerp and you are willing to travel.
A multinational of Belgian origin
Manuchar is a leading distributor of chemicals across emerging markets and actively trades several other commodities.
Our end-to-end chemical distribution business serves various industries, including home care, personal care, food & feed, agriculture, mining, oil & gas, glass, textiles, paper, and water treatment. Our international trade activities cover steel, plastics, cement, wood, paper, spare parts and pharmaceuticals.
We operate in more than 35 emerging markets with our own local logistics assets and people providing storage, value-added logistics and just-in-time (JIT) deliveries in over 170 locations.
Our entrepreneurial spirit, operational excellence and unmatched reliability have grown Manuchar’s annual revenues to over 1.5 billion USD.
The ingredients of our success?
We know the products, markets, global & local logistical solutions and we have the necessary financing capabilities. But most of all… we have the people that make it work!
At Manuchar, we keep your production running. Anytime. Anywhere.
- a job full of variety with long-term perspectives in an international environment
- cooperation with motivated & skilled colleagues in an open company culture
- an attractive remuneration package including fringe benefits
- a nice workspace where you can fully develop your talents
If you want to take up the challenge and join an international fast growing team of dynamic colleagues, please send your application letter and detailed CV here via our online recruitment tool CVWarehouse.