As a polyvalent ICT support engineer, you will manage a variety of tasks within the enthusiastic operations team and you will be responsible for the first and second line support to the employees of our headquarters and the second line support of our international sites.
You will work together with our local IT engineers and partners in more than 40 countries
More specifically, you will execute following tasks:
- You handle incoming calls and e-mails to the helpdesk from our employees with their day-to-day technical ICT problems.
- You are responsible for the registration, solution and handling of the reported system and application incidents and change requests in our ticketing system.
- You escalate and communicate with our 3rd line system engineers to solve complex problems.
- You work closely together with local engineers worldwide.
- Together with your colleagues, you offer proposals to continuously improve our service.
- You report to your manager on SLA key performance indicators.
- You make sure that, together with your colleagues, a permanent service is guaranteed during extended business hours.
- You analyse problems and execute minor changes to our systems to solve these problems.
- You participate actively in several infrastructure and application projects, like
- Business process automation using SharePoint Online
- Implementation of a cloud backup solution
- Implementation of a voip solution
- You obtained a Master or Bachelor degree in ICT or experience
- At least 1 year of experience in a MAC OSX or Linux environment is beneficial
- You are familiar with the Microsoft Productivity Suite, Exchange and/or SharePoint and Office 2013/2016.
- You have an excellent knowledge of Dutch and English; a good knowledge of Spanish is a plus.
- Good understanding of networking and security environments (Cabling, LAN, WLAN, Firewalling).
- You are social and communicative but you are also able to listen, be patient when needed and you enjoy giving support and a qualitative service to colleagues; sharing your knowledge gives you fulfilment.
- You are highly motivated to learn new technologies and to keep your knowledge up to date.
- Your features are your passion, your sense for taking responsibility and initiative. During busy periods you can stay calm and you keep a clear overview. You also have strong analytical skills.
- You are flexible and collegial towards your work environment and colleagues.
- You have the potential of managing people or projects.
A multinational of Belgian origin
Manuchar is a global trading, logistics and distribution company, with more than 25 years of experience and headquarters in Antwerp, Belgium.
We operate with our own people (1800 FTE) and through our own local infrastructure in over 40 countries, mainly in emerging markets.
Our trading activities cover Chemicals, Steel, Metals, Polymers, Pharmaceuticals, Wood, Spare Parts, Paper and Cement. Our distribution and also local value added logistics are mainly focused on Commodity and Specialty Chemicals.
Ingredients of our success? We know the products, markets, global & local logistical solutions and have the necessary financing capabilities.
But most of all … We have the people that make it work!
- a job full of variety with long-term perspectives in an international environment
- cooperation with motivated & skilled colleagues in an open company culture
- an attractive remuneration package including fringe benefits
If you want to take up the challenge and join an international fast growing team of dynamic colleagues, please send your application letter and detailed CV here via our online recruitment tool CVWarehouse