Manuchar Hong Kong Ltd. is looking for a motivated Junior Trader Chemicals, who is willing to learn on the job about chemicals, logistics and international trade.
The main objectives of the Junior Trader Chemicals are to follow-up and grow a portfolio of customers & transactions within South-East Asia through the creation of strong relationships. More specifically:
- You will receive an intense introduction in file administration on operational, documentary and financial level.
- Once you are confident in file handling, you will start to concentrate on your commercial targets. You handle inquiries from customers for chemical products, draw up offers in close communication with Manuchar’s sourcing office, and follow-up quotations till closing the deal. You follow-up the file process from a sales perspective, and you cooperate with your colleague file administrators in order to solve problems smoothly. A senior trader to whom you are reporting monitors your commercial support.
- You maintain a close communication with suppliers, monitor product price and share market information with your colleagues worldwide.
- You will become responsible for the further expansion of your markets. You set up new sales initiatives, develop new recurrent business and stay alert for market opportunities through daily contact with customers and colleagues abroad and local visits during business trips. As a Junior Trader you take responsibility to set & pursue the (trading) market development strategy for your countries, and actively participate in setting the regional strategy for your product portfolio. You report to the Regional Manager.
- You obtained a Bachelor or Master degree in a business / economic / engineering program with exposure to international trade and/or Supply Chain. In addition, you are proficient in Word and Excel.
- Preferably, you have experience with internships in a renowned international company.
- You are fluent in English. Knowledge of Putonghua or other language(s) is a plus.
- You definitively have a commercial mindset with strong communicative abilities enabling you to establish long-term relationships with the customers.
- You are a result driven, organized and accurate individual, flexible and with a talent and interest for negotiations.
- You work proactively and are enthusiastic to succeed though being extremely accurate in your approach.
- You work independently, though not afraid to request help if necessary.
- You are a self-learner, gaining deeper interest in the products you deal in as part of completing your profile.
- As Junior Trader, you are expected to visit your markets on a regular basis (3-4 trips/year).
A multinational of Belgian origin
Manuchar is a global trading, logistics and distribution company, with more than 25 years of experience and headquarters in Antwerp, Belgium.
We operate with our own people (1800 FTE) and through our own local infrastructure in over 40 countries, mainly in emerging markets.
Our trading activities cover Chemicals, Steel, Special Steel, Polymers, Pharmaceuticals, Wood, Spare Parts, Paper and Cement. Our distribution and also local value added logistics are mainly focused on Commodity and Specialty Chemicals.
Ingredients of our success? We know the products, markets, global & local logistical solutions and have the necessary financing capabilities.
But most of all … We have the people that make it work!
- a job full of variety with long-term perspectives in an international environment
- cooperation with motivated & skilled colleagues in an open company culture
- an attractive remuneration package including fringe benefits
If you want to take up the challenge and join an international fast growing team of dynamic colleagues, please send your application letter and detailed CV for the attention of HRM at firstname.lastname@example.org, mentioning the job title in the subject of your mail.